Last Updated: January 12, 2023
- What personal information is collected from you through the Services, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your personal information.
- The security procedures in place to help protect against the misuse of your personal information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
1. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. The information we may collect or obtain (depending on the circumstances) includes but may not be limited to:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us, including your name, email address and phone number.
- General usage data: When you use our Website, we may also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, information about the date and time of your access as well as how long you use our Website in each session, features you use in our Website, and how long you use our Website overall.
2. Information Collection and Use
We are the sole owners of the information collected on our Website or via our Services. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer, and store any data about individuals and customers in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine personal information with other information collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We may share anonymized data with third parties for business development purposes.
We may also use your personal information in other ways with consent or as permitted by applicable law. By using the Website and/or the Services, you agree that we are hereby licensed to collect, use, share, and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the Website or your use of the Services for benchmarking, analytics, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning, and other business purposes.
3. When Do We Share Your Personal Information
There are some circumstances where we may share your personal information with a third party. For example:
- We may share personal information with our affiliates or any business partners or agents acting on our behalf or with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us.
- We may share, disclose or transfer personal information to a buyer, investor, new affiliate, or other successor in the event Abdera or any affiliate, portion, group or business unit thereof, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, liquidation or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale or other transfer of all or a portion of any assets of Abdera or any affiliates or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., negotiations and due diligence).
- Subject to applicable regulations, we may disclose your personal information to a government agency, court, or law enforcement personnel.
4. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our Website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Request that we delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you refuse to provide us with the information we require or later contact us to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Services.
We take precautions and implement safeguards designed to protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE PROTECTED AGAINST, LOSS, MISUSE, OR ALTERATION BY THIRD PARTIES.
7. Personal Information used by Third Party Websites
From time to time, we may include links to third party websites which are not controlled or maintained by us. We are not responsible for personal information submitted by you to third party websites or the personal information collected by third party websites. You should review the privacy policies of third party websites or contact the third party website’s operator if you have questions or concerns.
8. Age of Majority
The Website and Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete such personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us as set forth below.
1770 West 7th Avenue, 5th Floor,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6J 4Z9